Teach and Travel in Vietnam – 2020 Program options
Teaching in Vietnam is an amazing opportunity to explore an exotic and culturally rich country that is growing rapidly, yet still maintains many of its ancient customs and landscapes. Teaching in language schools, participants will earn a high salary, with comprehensive teacher support from the local schools.
School holiday and plenty of paid leave throughout the year-long contract will give participants lots of time to get out and explore everything Vietnam has to offer, from innumerable rice paddies and Mekong river delta in the south to the highlands and beach resorts of central Vietnam, and the French colonial architecture and diverse cuisine of northern Vietnam, there is so much to see and do and taste, in this wonderfully diverse country.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) university degree in any field – Apostilled in Home Country
- CELTA / TESOL / TEFL certificate – we have an online one if you do not have one
- Native English proficiency
- National or state criminal background check – Apostilled in Home Country
- Vietnamese health check (obtained during training week)
- Valid passport from one of the following countries: United States of America, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, or New Zealand
The Classroom and Job Description
- Preparing and delivering fully organized lessons that are provided (no lesson planning is required) for a range of ages
- Classroom management
- Marking and providing appropriate feedback to quizzes and writing assignments, etc
- Basic educational administration: taking attendance, inputting grades, monthly feedback on student progress, etc.
- Attending and contributing to training sessions and workshops
- Participating in a limited amount of paid marketing events (e.g. lesson demos, one scheduled marketing event in
every 2-3 month period paid at the overtime rate)
- Centre schedule: Tuesday-Sunday evenings, Saturday/Sunday mornings and afternoons
- Teacher schedule: 2 days off per week, two out of three shifts during the weekend: morning, afternoon, and evening
- Hours per week: 18-21 teaching/contact; 25-30 including administrative
Salary and Benefits
- 25,000,000 VND start-up payment you receive* ($1075 or ZAR16000 once of)
- 32,000,000 VND monthly salary start ($1400 or ZAR21000pm)
- Monthly housing allowance or provided housing**
- Monthly small city allowance
- Lucrative small city bonuses for set-term stays
- Monthly performance bonuses
- Twelve-month completion bonus
- Overtime opportunities
- Paid public holidays and flexible time off
- Two days off per week***
- Options for extended time off of 1-2 months after twelve-month completion
- Work permit costs reimbursement plan
- Smaller class sizes (average of 10-16 students per class) than other schools
- Two-week training course with ongoing training, workshops, continuing professional development, and more
- Career advancement opportunities within management and beyond
- * To be eligible for the start-up payment, a trainee must submit all legalized documentation within 14 days of signing the contract. If the teacher does not complete twelve months with us, it is paid in full. It is paid in two installments and taxable income is subject to the applicable rate at the time of payment.
- ** Housing is only provided in some smaller cities and is subject to availability. In the event housing is unavailable, a candidate is provided with the allowance in its stead.
- *** Every 2-3 month period, teachers are required to work a designated day off (including Mondays), but are compensated